- $95.00 for un-sterilized dogs, including senior owners age 65+.
- $11.50 for sterilized dogs, senior owners age 65+
- $23.00 for sterilized dogs
- $5.00 all cats, sterilized or un-sterilized (optional)
- $32.00 Late Fee (per dog)
- $67.00 non-compliance
- See OC Pet Info for all licensing information
Lost Pet Search
A service of Orange County Animal Care Services
State law requires that dogs not wearing a current license tag be held for 72 hours (3 days) to give the owner chance to reclaim the animal. Dogs that are wearing a current license must be held for a period up to 14 days. Shelter staff will attempt to contact, by phone, or certified mail to the last known address, the owner as listed on the license registration. Animals entering the shelter are also scanned for microchips. If a microchip is detected, the owner is contacted.
It is important to keep all identification current so you can be reached as soon as your animal is found.
There is NO state law allowing for a holding period for cats.
Kittens under 8 weeks of age are subject to immediate euthanasia.
For more information, please contact Animal Care Services (the Orange County Shelter)
561 The City Drive South, Orange, CA 92868 (714) 935-6848 8am-5pm or (714) 935-7158 5pm-8am 24/7